Is heat good for Muscle Recovery?
Heat can be a saviour for sore and tired muscles. But when on the go, access to heat therapy can be tricky. That’s why we designed our natural and Guaranteed Irish Heat Rub Cream. Not only is it ideal for gym bags and sports kits it’s non-greasy too.
How does heat help muscles?
When applied to muscles, heat is known to open up the blood vessels and increase blood flow. This may help to transport excess lactic acid and other toxins away from tired muscles, thereby easing muscle tightness and soreness.
What is the best time to warm up muscles?
It is recommended to warm up right before you plan to exercise. Focus first on large muscle groups, such as hamstrings. Then focus on exercises more specific to your sport or activity. Some examples of warm-up exercises are leg bends, leg swings, shoulder and arm circles, jumping jacks, jumping rope, lunges, squats, walking or a slow jog, yoga, torso twists, standing side bends, lateral shuffles, butt kickers, knee bends, and ankle circles. Please ask your coach or fitness instructor for their professional recommendations.
In colder, wet climates like Ireland it may be useful to use a topical Heat Rub Cream pre-workout to warm up muscles before training, a race or a game. The prolonged heat effect of our natural Heat Rub Cream helps keep muscles warm and may help improve flexibility and mobility. Here’s what Noel had to say about our Heat Rub Cream with Wintergreen:
“I suffer from shin splints when training and ULTRAPURE Laboratories® Heat Rub Cream with Wintergreen has always been a lifesaver. I can’t train without it!” Noel
Why choose our Heat Rub Cream?
- This unique formulation contains a powerful blend of natural warming and moisturising ingredients including Wintergreen, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Juniper Berry and Caffeine Powder.
- Use pre-exercise to warm up muscles or post-workout to soothe tired sore muscles and moisturise the skin. Apply liberally to areas of concern (legs, arms, neck, back, shoulders) and use up to twice a day.
- Our convenient on-the-go 100 ml tube is ideal for gym bags, sports kits and handbags too.
- It is lightly scented and has a non-greasy texture.
- Finally, our Heat Rub Cream is proudly produced in Co. Mayo!
Feel the heat!
So, for muscle recovery like a pro, make sure to warm up properly and incorporate ULTRAPURE Laboratories® Heat Rub Cream in your pre and post-exercise regime.
If you have any questions regarding our products please do not hesitate to get in touch.